The Isokern Fireplaces when used with the DM54 Chimney System is installed in a similar manner as a traditional site-built masonry fireplace, only easier. Not only will an Isokern Fireplace and DM54 Chimney System perform better than a site-built masonry fireplace, but it is also much easier to install.
Things to consider with this type of application:
- Be sure to review and fully understand the installation instructions for proper installation requirements.
- Earthcore Mortar MUST be used for installing the Fireplace and DM54 Chimney System
- 1 bucket of Mortar will be needed for the fireplace
- 1 bucket of Mortar will be needed for every 20 lineal feet of Chimney
- Heat Stop or other Fireclay should be used for the installation of Firebrick.
- 90 Firebrick needed for Running Bond Pattern
- 110 Firebrick needed for Herringbone Pattern
- 50lbs of Heat Stop will lay up approx. 100 firebricks.
- DM54 Chimney:
- Each Chimney will require
- 1 Starter Flue (6” tall)
- 1 Inner (12” tall) and 1 Outer (12” tall) Flue for every lineal foot
- Offset blocks are 6” tall
- Be sure to check out our Chimney Caps to finish off your project.