One the most unique feature of an Isokern is the Firelite Application. The Firelite Application allows for a Wood Burning Masonry Fireplace to be installed over Combustible Floors. This allows Architects, Builders and Designers to achieve a Masonry Wood Burning Fireplace in parts of a building that once were not possible or practical. It also provides ease for remodeling projects, as there typically isn't a requirement for any additional structural support.
Things to consider with this type of application:
- Be sure to review and fully understand the installation instructions for proper installation requirements.
- Earthcore Mortar MUST be used for installing the Fireplace
- 1 bucket of Mortar will be needed for the fireplace
- Heat Stop or other Fireclay should be used for the installation of Firebrick.
- 90 Firebrick needed for Running Bond Pattern
- 110 Firebrick needed for Herringbone Pattern
- 50lbs of Heat Stop will lay up approx. 100 firebricks.
- Be sure to check out our Chimney Caps to finish off your project.